Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Alvin Corn

As I've previously mentioned, I've been on a mission to replace my beauty and household products with a homemade (or at least more natural) product when they are empty. My Windex ran out the yesterday and I decided to try to fill the bottle with a homemade version that actually works just as well.

Well, I think I found a winner, ding ding ding!!

It's called Alvin Corn because it is made of rubbing ALcohol, VINegar, CORN starch, and water. He he Ha ha. I didn't make it up but I did take it from this website: Crunchy Betty.

Recipe:

1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 cups warm water

Just combine everything in a spray bottle and shake well. You'll need to shake it before each use too as the corn starch settles at the bottom and it can clog the spray thinger.

The lady who came up with this little concoction also crunched the numbers and came up with an approximate cost for the entire bottle of glass cleaner... $0.48...you can't buy anything for 48 cents!

Less chemicals, less streaking, no fake blue dye, and less than $0.50 per bottle. It smells like vinegar and I haven't figured out how to scent it naturally but I think it beats the cough-inducing-smell of Windex and the smell disappears very quickly (ie your house won't smell like vinegar!)


PS. I had my first shift off of orientation and on my own at work on Monday! It went really well, I had a full patient load, and I didn't cause further harm to anyone, success! I'm a nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment