One of her projects was taking a simple mens T-shirt and making it into a fitted T for herself. She painted stripes on hers as well but I wasn't feeling that ambitious.
|Cotton & Curls 2012|
While Collin was at work I peeped into his "goodwill bag" and pulled out a few T-shirts to practice. Here is the post, complete with directions, from her blog.
Here is my attempt:
After trying the shirt on inside-out, I pinned and sewed. That easy! Well, I had to re-sew a few times but it's actually pretty fool proof. You can't see any of the seams when it's done...no matter how many times you sew over it.
The sleeves and armpits were the most annoying part. I don't know how to make actual sleeves but the tutorial didn't make them any different than I did so I just went with it.
Next, I cut the bottom hem into a U shape and I cut out the collar and then cut the neck opening a little deeper.
It was a pain in the butt but I wanted to keep the original collar but put it into the new neckline so I had to seam rip the entire thing so that it was stretchable. It ended up fitting perfectly.
It came together rather nicely I think!
There we have it. Glamor shots and all. I have more projects in mind and will post when I get the guts to try another one!
Have a great week!