Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July | Eleven Mile Canyon

Yesterday we went out to Eleven Mile Canyon for some hiking and fishing. Collin was raring to go but I needed at least a few hours of sleep after work. I slept for three hours and then we were on our way.

That excited look of his





Unfortunately, it was super cloudy when we got there and ruined my plans of getting some more sun.


Collin was happy fishing so I walked up the river with him for a little, walked around and took some pictures...



    



There were a few spots where the fire singed the trees.








...then my exhaustion set in and I had to lay down. We went to a different area of the river and Collin kept fishing while I snoozed in the back of the truck.

On our way home we stopped in Woodland Park at Beriwerks Brewery for a beer and a snack. When we got home Collin cooked up a yummy steak dinner and I made dessert.

It definitely did not feel like the 4th of July...no cookout, fireworks, or family...but we still had fun and made the best of it!

Tonight we're heading up to Denver for dinner with Allison, Acey, Julia, and Collin's dad!

I hope everyone had a happy, fun filled 4th yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment