Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rafting the Colorado


This weekend, Collin and I headed north to Summit County to camp and raft the Colorado River with a bunch of friends. I took a quick power nap after work on Friday morning while Collin packed up the truck and then we took off for the mountains. Surprisingly, I wasn't tired and didn't sleep the entire trip.

Of course, we had to pick up some beer, food, and kids shoes for me on the way.



When we got there we set up camp and my lack of sleep began to set in as we waited for everyone else to show up. I crashed in the tent while Collin checked out the area.


I took some beeeeeautiful pictures, if I do say so myself.




We had a hell of a night enjoying the beautiful weather and our weekend off! The next day we rented a raft and basically floated down the river because there were no rapids; we drank and laughed until our faces hurt and had an awesome time. Because my camera and phone are NOT waterproof I didn't get any pictures of our rafting trip.

Here is how much fun Collin had:

Haha! Wow, he kills me.

We camped that night and stopped for a little float session on the way home. I actually got a picture of that.

We had a great time as we always do. I'm making up for it by working four 12's this week...ugh! Now I get the meaning of 'what a difference a day makes.'

Have a great week and a great 4th of July! We will be celebrating WITHOUT fireworks this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment