Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Taylor Park Res

A lot of the nurses I work with on nights, basically live a nocturnal life even on the days that they don't work. I cannot fathom doing that for a number of reasons: 1) I already feel isolated from the "normal" people who work during daylight hours, 2) I would become a TV watching/internet surfing snack-a-saurus, and 3) I wouldn't be able to do all of the fun things we like to do!
Therefore, even if I work the night before we plan to go somewhere, I make it work, and I think it is worth losing some sleep over.

This weekend we went to the Taylor Reservoir, which is near Crested Butte, for some camping.

Suki watched the apartment while we were gone.


And I picked up some fresh cherries for the road!


Aside from raining both nights we camped, it was a fun trip.




Kitchen



We even did some off-roading in the Jeep, I drove! Serious off-roading too...our friend Mari closed her eyes at least a handful of times. It was legit.

We went into Crested Butte on Saturday and grabbed some lunch at a place we like called Teocali Tamale, yum, best burritos ever! We walked around a bit, got some ice cream, and then headed back to camp.

A short, but action-packed weekend for sure. On our drive home, we stopped at this little old fashioned drive-in place for burgers and fries. It reminded me so much of Boehringer's but I hate to say that the burgers were waaaay better...sorry A-town!

Now, two more nights of work and then a week off! Annnnddddd...one of my best friends from college is coming for a visit. I can hardly contain myself. I'm so excited!! Woo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment