Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life Rules!

A little different than my usual post but I am feeling under the weather today with a sore throat and no energy (possibly the start of a cold, boo!) so I was doing some random internet surfing and came across some neat things. I'm a big fan of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics and her philosophy regarding beauty: highlight your best feature and make who you are really stand out instead of using make-up to cover your "flaws." She's written a few books, one of which is called "Beauty Rules." This book is mainly geared toward promoting a healthy, positive self-image for young girls (which is always something that interests me!) There are rules that Bobbi lists in the book for really everyone to live by. They are simple but I think often overlooked.

Rule 1: Be nice! I'm not kidding!

2: Tell the truth

3: Take risks

4: Never give up

5: Be on time........(definitely the hardest for me!!)

6: Be OPEN!

7: Care about something

8: Give back

9: Work hard

10: Look people in the eye. It shows confidence!

11: Dream BIG!....you never know...


 Here is a youtube video that goes along with this theme and was made to promote the book.

 Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm still enjoying our mountain view, I hope they don't become everyday scenery anytime soon! Remember to enjoy the simple things in life and make yourself happy! :) I feel better already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment