Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Story

Happy ending to my previous post! Today I took the little white fella to the vet for a free scan to see if he had a microchip. I was told that most animals are not microchipped so I had low expectations of receiving good news from the vet. BUT, much to my surprise the vet tech scanned him and exclaimed, "we have a number!!" My eyes popped out of my head I'm sure. She had to make sure that it was registered though because some people fail to finish that part of the process. Lucky for me and Mr. White (real name: Finnegan), he was registered. Apparently, he was just recently rescued from a local no-kill shelter. He isn't neutered so he probably escaped to find some ladies and then lost his way home.

He has a horrifying past though. I was told that the rescue found him after he had been doused in gasoline and lit on fire. I can't even fathom how someone could do something so evil and disgusting. After having such awful things done to him, he somehow still has the best personality I've seen in a cat. I teared up when I left him at the vet (and then cried to Collin on the phone on my way home...haha) but I'm so happy to have found his real parents.

Here he is, owning the vet's office

I'm also glad I don't have to introduce him to Suki. He probably would have jumped through the screen and ran away again if he had to deal with her wrath! Queen Bee is glad to have her house and parents back all to herself again. Such a princess. 

In her throne

So lesson of the day: don't put off microchipping your pets! I mean it!!! 
It is quick, easy, and inexpensive! Just an injection in the scruff and then you register online according to the directions that the vet provides. Do it!

And do good things, it makes you feel great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment