Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Unexpected House Guest

Saturday night as I sat in front of my computer with Suki on my lap I heard a kitty cry outside. Suki actually heard him first and perked right up. We both sat staring out the windows trying to see where it was coming from. No luck. So after about 15 minutes of crying, it stopped. An hour later we heard it again but still didn't see anything. The third time the crying started again (this had been going on for hours at this point) I went out on the deck to get a better look. As soon as I got out there a little white kitty ran across the parking lot. Being the cat lady that I am, I called down "hey kitty cat, what's wrong?!" because obviously he was going to tell me. He looked right up at me and ran to the base of the building and started crying again. Now I felt really bad for the little guy and went down to check him out. He ran right over and started purring and rubbing against my legs and shoes. Cutest little guy ever with big baby blue eyes and ever so slightly cross-eyed (can't win 'em all!) I started walking upstairs and he followed right behind me like a little puppy. He walked right into the apartment like he owned the place (Suki was already closed in a room because I obviously had no intentions of bringing this kitty inside.....)


Well, if Collin would have been here he would have put him right back out after all of the crying he did after I fixed him up in the bathroom with food/water/litter. I called one of my best girlfriends asking for her advice but there wasn't much I could do. So I kept him inside and he did settle after I turned the lights off. He is the absolute friendliest cat I've ever met. He just curls right up on my lap and wants me to pet him. 

Suki on the other hand, the spaz that she is, immediately threw-up when she heard the kitty in the room next door. She did calm down when I brought her into our room so she didn't forget that she is still queen bee. 
This morning I did everything that I could possibly think of to try to track his owner: posted ads on Craigslist and PetFinder, placed found claims at two different shelters, contacted my leasing office, called the newspaper, and have a call into the vet. Maybe posters will come tomorrow. 
This isn't eating into my study time at all.....

This is what is going on inside my head at the moment! Wahhhhh

Oh and I did get my glasses. Bigger than I expected and extremely nerdy but I like them. And I can see my computer/books MUCH better and I guess that's really the point. 

Collin's flight was cancelled today so he and his sister will be coming in tomorrow instead. I can't wait till he gets back!



And I hope everyone in PA enjoyed the big snow! Nothing here except on the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment