Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Honey Face

Collin claims I'm going through "one of my phases" but as usual he just doesn't get it!... I've been changing how I do some of the things I do on a daily basis to go a little more "natural/green" (I don't know how else to describe it...) I've always worn mineral powder for my face makeup but BareMinerals made me breakout and I was looking for something better for my skin type. I found Everyday Minerals a couple years ago and have used it ever since. (I also have a bunch of their makeup brushes...SO SO soft!!)


I've also been on the lookout for my perfect face wash, one that also contains minimal ingredients (and ones that I can pronounce preferably). I've found a couple that were so-so but I think I've finally found the perfect, completely all-natural, and inexpensive face wash that works for me....organic raw honey! Yes. Actual honey.


But not the kind in the teddy bear bottle, which is pasteurized and contains preservatives and sometimes pesticides. It has to be ORGANIC RAW HONEY, which is more solid in texture, looks lighter in color and is more opaque than the regular, clear golden honey most people have in their pantry.
An example!
I've been using it every night for the past two or three weeks and I am really loving. It has some natural particles in it which act as an exfoliator and it makes my skin SO soft. It's not sticky either, not at all. Just splash some water on your face, use a quarter sized dollop or so (mix with a little warm water), and wash like you would with any other face wash...don't forget to lick your lips. ;)

Added bonus, it's super cheap and you get A LOT in one jar. This website>>>>The Healing Face Wash<<<< explains it pretty well and much better than I can.

Try it out! If you end up not liking it for your face you can still use it for tea or whatever else you like with honey.

Katie Company Prints

2 comments:

  1. Love the face wash! I have been tempted to try some home remedies myself... I'll have to try this. Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! I just found your blog through Chrissy's :) Love this tip! We get organic raw honey from a village not too far from where we live and we LOVE it (and love the fact that we buy it directly from the villagers who made it and we are giving them business). I never thought to use it for my face though, I'll have to try it. I'm also into being more natural and making my own things. The latest was toothpaste - Joel thinks I'm crazy and refuses to use my homemade toothpaste (it does taste kinda gross). Anyway, I will have to keep checking back - your blog looks great. I hope you're doing well!

    Charity
    www.lifewiththehildebrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete