Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

BBQ + Poppers

On Saturday, one of Collin's assistants had a barbeque at her house and invited us to come by. I had a recipe that I've been wanting to make for such an occasion and I finally had an excuse! I made Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers, wow!


They looked to die for on the website (that I found on Pintrest, above) and I was excited to try them myself.

HUGE hit! Everyone loved them. They were really easy to make and a little annoying to assemble but well worth it. I would 100% recommend trying them! My camera was dead when I pulled them out of the oven but, take my word (and Collin's), mine looked even better than the picture above! They had more stuffing and more blue cheese crumbles on top with thicker slices of bacon! We dipped them in blue cheese dressing and they were delicious!

My semi-modified ingredients:

15 large Jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise with seeds removed
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and chopped/shredded
1/2 to 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce (or similar)
2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (less of you prefer), plus more for sprinkling
15 slices bacon, cut in half LENGTHwise
Blue cheese dressing (optional)

Directions: Pre-heat oven: 350 degrees F

1) Place jalapenos in a baking dish(s) (15 peppers will take up two baking dishes) cut side down. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
**(I might be the only one who didn't know this but I used one glass and one metal baking dish and after 10 mins the metal peppers were ready but the glass ones needed at least 5 more mins...just a heads up!)
2) Mix butter, hot sauce, chicken, cheddar, and blue cheese.
3) Flip each jalapeno over and fill with hot sauce/chicken mixture.
4) Sprinkle with cheddar and/or blue cheese crumbles.
5) Wrap each with a thin strip of bacon (secure with toothpick if desired), I missed the toothpick part
6) Bake in 350 degree oven until bacon is cooked (I turned up the heat a bit because I didn't want flabby bacon!) [about 20-25 minutes]

Serve warm with a side of blue cheese dressing and celery and carrots!

Try them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment