Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Night&Day

A couple weeks ago, my nursing manager sent an e-mail to everyone on night shift asking if anyone was interested in switching to days. I unfortunately didn't see the e-mail until a few days later but still responded enthusiastically. I received a reply saying that I will 'start days at the end of October', nothing more nothing less. Another nurse that I know at the hospital was on nights for a year and asked for a good 6months before being switched so after asking once and getting it, I'm not going to complain!

End of October has now changed to end of September...again, I'll take it! After 8 months of night shift I'll finally be a normal person, THANKKKKK goodness! I have a feeling I'm going to be much happier.

Night shift really drains me, to the point that even on my days off I have a hard time finding the energy to get out of bed or off the couch. I really hate it. I also hate that my four days off are actually more like 2.5 days max. I sleep half of the day before my first night and waste a good day or more after my three day stretch trying (usually unsuccessfully) to catch up on sleep and regain some energy and normalcy.


Now I don't have to be a zombie! And when I have 4 days off, I actually have 4 days off!

One more week of nights and then I'm on days, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment