Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Telluride Blues & Brews Festival

This past weekend was the long awaited Telluride Blues & Brews Festival in Southwest Colorado. I was soooooooooooooo very excited to go to Telluride. All I've heard are amazing things about this little mountain town and I couldn't wait to see it for myself!

This seems like a re-occuring thing but once again on Thursday after a night of work, Collin picked me up right from work and we took off for Telluride. (Of course, I'd packed ahead of time and was generally ready to go.)

It was a good 6 hour drive but beautiful for sure. I did miss parts of it while I slept for 3-4 hours, haha! But Collin was good enough to wake me up for the best parts. Liiiiiike, Monarch pass and the gorgeous  yellow aspens.



And this pretty reservoir that I can't remember the name of....


Telluride basically has one way in. You weave back and forth through all of these mountains and then BAM! It's upon you in all it's glory.
The town is set right in the middle of the mountains and while looking down main street you can see a huge waterfall coming down the center mountain. It's like a dream.

REAL LIFE people! I couldn't believe it myself!

The venue for the festival was equally amazing.

http://chipeta.com/39th-annual-telluride-bluegrass-festival/
We met up with our friends Frank and Kristen, dropped our stuff at our camp site, and hopped on the gondola to go to the top of the mountain for a free concert. The band, March Fourth Marching Band, was amazing. Collin liked them too...at first...but by the end of the weekend he was definitely sick of them. Whatever Collin!

Here's a taste. If you feel the same way Collin does, by all means, stop the dang video!

 


The festival music didn't start until Friday so that night we just hung out, walked around town, Collin and Frank got into some political arguments, and then we drank beer! It was splendid.

Friday morning we cooked up some yummy bacon|egg|cheese bagel sandwiches with hash browns... yes at the campsite, we're good. We changed and music started at noon. The next few days were jam packed with great music...well, except for the B-52's...my apologies but it's tiiiiiime to retire folks! 






Fun fun fun!! Now back to reality for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment