Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Parents in Denver!

Exactly ONE year after driving me, Suki, and allllllll of our stuff out to Colorado, my parents finally came back for a visit. We had so much fun! I wish they could visit more often!....or move here too......

They flew in Wednesday morning and I drove straight from work to pick them up at the airport. When we got back to my house I was obviously needing some sleep so they took my car and went to visit one of my dad's friends. I slept for a few hours, woke up and showered, and then when they got back we got ready and waited for Collin to get home from work so we could go to dinner. We went to eat at Stella Trattoria, a cute little Italian restaurant on Highlands main street, about two whole blocks from our hours. It was a beautiful night so we sat outside under the umbrellas and ate yummy italian food.

We were all pretty exhausted after dinner so we crashed early.

Thursday, Collin had to work until 4pm so my parents decided to help me finish unpacking and figure out storage solutions for our little place. We went all over the place and found some great shelving. I have an entire bookcase for my shoes...aweeeeeesome!!! My dad also hung alllll of the shelves, pictures and paintings that we've been too busy to get up, it was great! When Collin was finished with work, we made a steak dinner and relaxed on the deck drinking wine and whiskey. He was super impressed with all of our hard work! 

Laundry room shelving...oooohh ahhhh

and more laundry room shelves...woooo!

New guest room bedding...Obsessed!
Alien kitty!!!!!

My new shoe shelves!!

Friday morning we went to the local coffee shop for breakfast. I had the most amazing chai with coconut new favorite!

Later that day, we took a tour of Stranahan's Whiskey Distillery. Collin and my dad are both whiskey drinkers but my mom and I really did enjoy it too. Very interesting. Every single ingredient they use is from Colorado, from the water to the grains. They also hand bottle every single batch. Pretty cool!

Our high-energy tour guide

After the tour we ate an early dinner and had some drinks. My mom and I had Moscow Mules...a delicious drink I learned about when my aunts and uncles were out earlier in the, ginger beer, and lime all in a sweet copper mug...amazing!

That night we just relaxed on our back deck and drank some wine.

Typical Roslyn-face

Little Suk was pretty tired...

The next day we went up to Rocky Mountain National Park. It was my first time there too.

Scoping some elk

After RMNP, we drove through Boulder on our way home and stopped at Darkhorse...once again. I think we stop there every time we're in Boulder.

We watched some football, ate burgers and wings, and then were ready to get home. That night little Rossy slept (surprise) and Collin, my dad, and I went out with two of Collin's friends for a few drinks.

Sunday, Collin insisted on a little football watching. After that got old for my mom and I we decided to run some errands and return some things that we didn't end up using during our storage and accessorizing spree. Of course we came home with more stuff and got to putting it together. While we were gone, Collin went to the seafood market down the street and got shrimp, scallops, and oysters for dinner.

Everything was yummy!

The next day Collin had to go back to work and my parents were flying out that evening. Unfortunately, I also had to work that night which meant I had to sleep at least a few hours during the day. We hung out that morning, ran a few errands, and then I tried to take a little nap before I had to run them to the airport. It actually worked out well. My parents went to the local deli for lunch while I slept and then when they got back I drove them to the airport.

It was so nice to have them here! I don't realize how much I really miss them! Hopefully more trips are in the plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment