Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Just a Tip

I'm sure all of you good people always remember to clean the lint collector thingy in your clothes drier before or after each use. Either way, the other day I read an interesting tip. Ya know how drier sheets have that little bit of a tacky feel to them? Well, that tackiness basically builds up on your lint collector screen and prevents it from working properly which in the long run can shorten the life of your drier or start a fire because it causes the drier to work harder.

The "test"to see if your lint screen has accumulated a build-up is to run it under water. If it does have a build up, the water will just sit there instead of running through the screen like it should.

Easy fix. Use some kind of soap (I used Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap--this stuff is amazing, it can be used any way you can think of, literally. From body wash, dish soap, degreaser, even toothpaste...not kidding, Google it) and an old toothbrush or scrub brush and scrub the screen on both sides, rinse and dry.


I have noticed that it collects wayyy more lint and my drier doesn't get as hot as it did before I cleaned it.

Worth a try! Thought I would share this simple tip!

I realize that my posts are getting more and more lame.....this working girl just isn't as fun! But we're planning some fun things for this summer and into the fall so stick with me! :) And I think I'm getting my new bike tomorrow! Oh, the adventures of biking to work will be to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment