Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Underestimation

I just got home from work...like 20 minutes ago. Last night was the first time I rode my new bike to work. Easy peezy! I breezed to work faster than I can in my car. My biggest worry was the safety of my bike. I have a lock, wrapped it around twice and included the front tire...best I could do. Mid-way through my shift I realized that I hadn't taken the seat off...crap...so I ran down and grabbed it just for my own peace of mind. 12 hours later it was time to go home. My bike sat just where I had locked it and was just fine. I jumped on, heavy messenger bag in tow, and started a-pedalin'......

Ugh...


UGHH....


Holy shit, really!?!....



Oh my god, this is embarrassing.........


Those "tiny" little hills that helped me breeze to work were friggin' mountains after a 12 hour day on my feet. My quadriceps haven't burned that badly since pre-season college field hockey. I literally had a difficult/gumby-legged time walking through the parking lot and then up the stairs to my apartment and seriously contemplated sitting in the garage for a few minutes with the door down so that I could compose myself.
I was panting and sweating and really glad that it was 7:something on a Saturday morning and everyone else was sleeping in.

...and to think that I thought I was getting in better shape these past few weeks.....MERRRRRR! Wrong!

Maybe I should have invested in one of these instead of a bike...
Plan: keep it up until I fall into traffic and/or get into better shape, for real. 9am...Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment