Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Sew Much Family Fun

This past weekend we went up to Denver to hang out with my Aunt Regina and Uncle Rick and Aunt Muffy and Uncle Randy! We drove up Friday after Collin finished with work and met at Christian and Colleen's house before dinner. It was so nice to see my family who I haven't seen in at least 8 months. For dinner, we headed to Larimer Square, one of the cutest streets in Denver in my opinion.


We ate at Osteria Marco, a unique italian restaurant that makes their own meats and cheeses.



We shared an appetizer of chef's choice meats and cheeses, delicious muscles and then for dinner had a variety of gourmet pizzas. Everything was soo good!

Yeah....I don't know what the problem is with our family...




The next day we went to the Cherry Creek Farmers Market with everyone plus Alli and Acey. I bought some lavender oil and got suckered into an awesome Wonder Whisker which the lady claimed was 50% off at $19.99 and made in Denver. Great deal! My aunts each got one too...And then we went online and realized HSN sells them for less than that and in a TWO pack!! Duh.

After the farmers market, Alli and I had a sewing class planned at Fancy Tiger in downtown Denver. Oh yeah,  I bought a sewing machine!! I've been wanting one for a while and I finally went ahead and got one. I have a bizillion projects running though my mind and I can't wait to give them a try. But I thought it might be a good idea to learn how to sew first! So we took Sewing 101 and made some cute pillow cases! We're definitely planning to take more classes in the future.


Later that night after our sewing accomplishments, Collin and I went over to Christian and Colleen's for a yummy cookout. We had a great night and planned to get breakfast in the morning but unfortunately that didn't work out so I can't wait to see my fam when I go home (for a whooping one night) in June.

Now on to throw pillows...and maybe baby blankets for the new babes....I'm realizing fabric is quite addicting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment