Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Shelly Visits

My cousin Michelle came for a visit on Wednesday! She had a conference in Boulder this weekend but flew in  a few days early for some visiting time with friends in Ft. Collin's and family (me!). I was soo happy to see her! We decided to go on a hike and being such a gorgeous day I recommended we give the incline a go. It was much hotter than the last time I hiked it and I could definitely tell a difference.


We sort of mapped out our stopping/lowering heart rate points and went for it. We made it to the top in about two hours? and it was worth it once again! Such an amazing view! And we got to catch up since we rarely get to see each other!




It's a serious workout but we had fun doing it!

Shell at the top!


After our 4.5 mile hike back down, we drove down the hill into the town of Manitou Springs and grabbed a snack and a beer in the outdoor patio at a little bar called Townhouse.

Collin was done working by the time we were finishing our drinks so we headed home, showered up, and went to Colorado Mountain Brewery for dinner.

As always, we laughed and had a great time together until we were just too tired to stay awake any longer. The next morning Collin had to work and Michelle had to meet her students in Boulder so we all woke up early and said our goodbyes. I'm hoping it won't be too long before I get to see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment